Our dear community members
We hope you are all doing well and staying safe. Your brothers and sisters at ISB Cambridge and ISBCC miss you very much. We have beautiful places to be proud of, but it is your presence and the prayers in them that give them meaning and bring them alive. We cannot wait for all of you to come back for Juma'a and to participate in our programs and activities.
Several of the masajid in the greater Boston area have already reopened for Jumaa, but we delayed our decision as we believe ISBCC location and capacity require us to take a more cautious and phased approach. We continue to believe that you do have a shar’e excuse not to attend Jumaa under the circumstances, yet we also know that many of you would rather see us reopen for it. Nevertheless, now that the five daily prayers have been going well for the last few weeks, and to accommodate our brothers and sisters who want to come, and in spite of our several reservations that we have stated to you in a previous message, we have decided to reopen for Jumaa, but with many precautions, strictly following the CDC guidelines. We will, Insha Allah, do our best to mitigate ours and your concerns.
Therefore, starting the Friday of July 31, 2020, which is the day of Eid Al-Adha, we will reopen for Juma'a at both ISB Roxbury and Cambridge masjid. Soon in sha’ Allah we will send you a registration link as we will have a limited capacity of 200 attendees. In the meanwhile please note the following:
- There will be one Friday congregation in each of the ISBCC and ISB Cambridge masjids.
- Attendance will be by registration only. A registration link will be provided on our website soon in sha’ Allah.
- Doors open at 12:45, the sermon starts at 1:00.
- Those who cannot register online can register by calling the number of their respective masjid.
- Every member of the household who wants to attend must register their name
- Please carefully follow the lead and instructions of the masjid security and facilities teams. They are trained on certain measures and procedures to ensure everyone’s safety during the congregation.
- Prayer space will be divided between men and women according to the number of each who registered.
- No children 13 or younger are allowed.
All registered congregants, please, you need to:
- Bring your own prayer rugs.
- Wear a face mask the entire time of your presence in the masjid.
- Be already on ablution (wudu). One bathroom will be reserved for emergency sickness-related cases.
- Please leave immediately after the prayer and not gather outside the mosque.
- Stay home if you have any cold-like signs or symptoms.
- Enter and exit only from the designated parking lot doors. Please follow directions to enter from one of the parking lot doors and exit from the other door. Front doors will remain closed.
- Stick to the social distancing floor markers.
We ask Allah (SWT) to bless our masajid with the presence of worshippers, bless you and protect you all, and bring us together in peace & love.