Thank you for exploring the possibility of volunteering at the Islamic Society of Boston. Serving the community helps us, learn from one another, build lasting friendships and grow closed to our Creator.
Here are a few ways that you can offer your time and talents for the benefit of the community through ISB:
- Greeters and Guides – welcome and guide visitors during special events such as Eid, Iftars, social gatherings, interfaith events as well as Jumu’ah. Conduct tours when conditions permit.
- Weekend School – volunteer to teach children Islamic and Quranic studies as well as serve as assistants to teachers (positions may be paid).
- Babysitting – watch children so parents can join programs.
- Coaching and mentoring youth – help with career guidance, test preparation or chaperoning field trips.
- Snacks – help with preparing snacks or tea/coffee
- Food distribution – work with ISB and our partner organizations to distribute food and other essentials, and support local shelters
- Garden and landscaping – design, enhance, and maintain landscaping including our community garden
- Join our Advisory and Operating Committees responsible for advising ISB, overseeing maintenance or programs
Please fill out the form below to let us find an opportunity that will best match your interests, skills, and schedule. May Allah reward you immensely for your dedicated support, Ameen.