Grow with ISBCC
ISBCC Internship Program
The ISBCC is launching an internship program for college students to supplement its human resources while providing an opportunity for Muslim students to gain some hands-on professional experience providing meaningful services to the Muslim community.
This program offers opportunities in accounting, marketing, information services, human resources, program coordination, and general management.
3 Target Interns
Our program targets current undergraduate students enrolled in programs related to business administration and web development. The ideal intern would be close to finishing their program and starting to explore their career options.
4 Opportunities Offered
We offer part-time (20 hours per week) internship opportunities in the following areas:
1. Program Management
4. Human Resources
6. Web Administration
5 Benefits for Interns
The ISBCC internships are unpaid, but offer several benefits including:
1. Opportunity to apply what they learned to solve real life problems in a professional setting.
2. Professional experience to enrich their résumés, professional references.
3. Coursework credits if needed.
4. Exposure to the Muslim community with its cultural diversity and complex needs and challenges.
5. Networking opportunities within the Muslim community.
6. Preference when applying for permanent jobs after graduation.
6 Time of Year and Duration
ISBCC offers internship rounds in Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters; each for the duration of three months.
7 Internship Terms
As per the Fair Labor Standards Act, the interns are not regular employees as:
1. there is no expectation of compensation,
2. ISBCC does not guarantee a job at the end of the internship,
3. the intern is the “primary beneficiary” of the relationship—the internship accommodates the intern’s academic commitments and provides beneficial learning opportunities, and
4. the intern’s work does not replace the work of paid employees.