Assalamu Alaykum our beloved community members,
We would like to deeply thank you for your great support and donations to the ISBCC Urgent Appeal for the COVID measures funds. Alhamdulillah, with your support and generosity, we were able to raise more than $16,000 of our targeted $50,000. We appreciate that you consider the safety of our community, ISB staff, and the public as a highest priority. Please continue to donate to this campaign and spread the word. We trust that we can count on you.
Now that two weeks since we closed have passed, starting Sunday November 1st, 2020, we will reopen for the five daily prayers, followed by Friday congregation (Jumua) on November 6th, 2020 at both ISBCC (Roxbury) and ISB Cambridge masjids. However, considering the recent COVID-19 outbreak that caused the closure, we are implementing more strict measures that must be followed by all congregants as well as our team while we upgrade the facility per the COVID appeal:
For Juma’a Prayer:
· There will be one Friday congregation in each of the ISBCC and ISB Cambridge masjids.
· We are rolling back the maximum occupancy at the ISBCC to 180 people only. We will have to turn away any congregants arriving after the capacity is reached. We appreciate your understanding.
. At least 90% of the capacity must be through online registration. No more than 10% will be allowed to attend without registration.
· Every member of the household who wants to attend must register their name. No children.
· Six-feet markers will be placed in the parking to form a line. Please stick to them.
· Please be patient while our security team takes every congregant’s temperature at the door and asks them about symptoms.
· Prayer space will be divided between men and women according to the number of each who registered.
· Absolutely no children allowed.
For the five daily prayers:
· We will open 15 minutes before iqama and close 15 minutes after prayers.
. Doors open at 12:30, the sermon starts at 1:00.
· Absolutely no children allowed.
All congregants, please, you must:
· Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness.
· Bring your own prayer rugs.
· Wear a face mask the entire time of your presence in the masjid.
· Be already on ablution (wudu). One bathroom will be reserved for emergency sickness-related cases.
· Please leave immediately after the prayer and not gather outside the mosque.
· Completely avoid handshaking, hugging, and all forms of physical contact.
· Enter and exit only from the designated parking lot doors. Please follow directions to enter from one of the parking lot doors and exit from the other door. Front doors will remain closed.
· Stick to the social distancing floor markers and leave immediately after the obligatory prayer.
The Islamic Society of Boston, Friday Prayer registration form.
About this Event
This form could be closed before Friday if the maximum registrants is reached. Please register beforehand.
Please come with your email confirmation barcode on your receipt (either printed or on your phone) to ensure a fast and easy check in. Otherwise, you will need to give us your name at the table for us to check you in.
The Islamic Society of Boston, Friday Prayer registration form. Maximum capacity for the Roxbury location is 180. Maximum capacity for the Cambridge location is 59.
Every member of the household who wants to attend must register separately.
Doors open at 12:30.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early before the prayer to properly check in.
1. Bring your own prayer rugs.
2. Wear a face mask the entire time of your presence in the masjid.
3. Be already on ablution (wudu). One bathroom will be reserved for emergency sickness-related cases.
4. Stick to the social distancing floor markers.
5. Be sure to have no cold like signs or symptoms (If so, please stay home)