In the name of Allah, the all Merciful and the ever Merciful. All praise is due to Allah (swt). We ask Allah (swt) to send abundant blessings and mercy upon our beloved Prophet (saw).
As Salaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Baraktuhu, Beloved ISB/CC Community Members,
We pray that this notice finds you in the best of health and of Islam, Imaan and Ishaan. We, the newly formed Board of Directors of the Islamic Society of Boston, are humbled to start overseeing the operations of the Islamic Society of Boston in Cambridge and in Roxbury.
As servants, worshippers, congregants, and friends, we are excited to undertake the important tasks set before us: to worship Allah (swt) beautifully and excellently; to do so by following in the footsteps of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw); to maintain the gathering places of Muslims by preserving these houses of Allah; to exemplify the highest conduct in our social, communal, and civic relations.
We recognize and we appreciate the dedication, the sacrifice, the wisdom, and sheer love of Allah, His religion, His Messengers, and His Houses that have gone into making the Islamic Society of Boston what it is today. We are excited to pick up the mantle and to carry those efforts forward, bi’idthnillah ta’ala. This is an important step to put our institutions back on a more stable path, InshaAllah, with proper governance after months of transitions and leadership changes.
As the Board of Directors of the Islamic Society of Boston, we intend to foster and to facilitate the productive development of the ISB centers in Cambridge and Roxbury. InshaAllah, in both our intentions and in our endeavors, we will be guided by the values that define our institution and, more important, that define our religion:
- Service to Allah and to the Ummah our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw)
- Rigorous adherence to the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw)
- Ethical governance
- Transparency and integrity in all matters relating to these institutions
- Responsiveness to the diverse needs and people of our community
- Abiding commitment to diversity and unity
We wish to implement these values by cultivating new standards of community engagement and communal interaction. We wish to maintain open channels of communication, to regularize outreach, to offer opportunities for collaboration, to promote prophetic sisterhood and brotherhood.
With Allah’s help, we intend to pursue the following priorities:
- To ensure effective, ethical governance of the ISB/CC
- To empower the spiritual leadership, the staff, and the volunteers of the ISB/CC
- To optimize the resources of the ISB/CC to better assess, address and serve the needs of our community
- To build meaningful dialog and cooperation across diverse faith communities
We are humbled by the opportunity to work with and to serve you all. May Allah bless you!
Current Board Members of the Islamic Society of Boston
Amr El-Moselhy, Chairperson
M. Faisal Khan, Vice Chairperson
Mahmood Rahman, Treasurer
Aliyyah I. Abdur-Rahman, Secretary
Liz Ismail, Member at large
Ahmed Nur, Member at large
Nadia Waheed, Member at large