A project of the Muslim American Society of Boston, the mission of the ISBCC is to teach and live Islam in America. Our vision is to build a community of leaders rooted in the Islamic tradition, committed to American ideals, and empowered to serve the common good.
The largest Islamic center of its kind in New England, the ISBCC currently serves over 2,000 people weekly and has a budget of $2.3 million. We are blessed to be located in the heart of Boston, with an Imam of high national prominence (Shaykh Yasir Fahmy) and a staff committed to making the ISBCC the best institution for Boston, for Massachusetts, for New England, and for America.
The Operations Director will play a supporting role to our Executive Director as we collectively build a model community and institution. The Operations Director will report directly to the Executive Director and will ensure ISBCC’s daily operations, systems and processes meet and rise to a level of excellence.
Three Main Areas of Responsibility
- Build and update management systems, operational structures and procedures, and communications infrastructure to increase productivity and to ensure best practices
- Create better facilities, IT, Event Management, CRM, Parking, Gift Shop, Volunteer, etc. systems and policies in consultation with appropriate staff and/or experts
- Build and handle ISBCC’s HR policies and systems in consultation with legal experts
- Empower each staff member/Volunteer Team to manage their own budgets and to hold them accountable in consultation with CFO/Accounting Team
- Manages and Supports Facilities Director, Gift Shop and/or Café Personnel, Marketing Director, Senior Accountant, and Office Manager
- Manages Volunteer Teams in different areas of Operations (e.g. IT Team or HR Team)
- Plan and execute projects/initiatives as they arise in consultation with appropriate staff/experts
- Manages any crisis or issues that arise in the operations of the organization
The Operations Director will have at least three to five years of professional experience in an Operations Role.
The Operations Director will have the following experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability in building strong systems and processes
- Skilled in team-building within a complex and varied organization
- A deep understanding of human resource functions and best practices
- Experience in supervising, developing and managing employees
- Demonstrated success in solving problems within complex systems and with multiple constituencies
- Delivered on projects and managed operations that require a detail-oriented mindset
- Acts and lives as a role model for the community, possesses patience and wisdom
- Holds himself/herself accountable for individual commitments and takes on challenges
- Team player, takes ownership of group decisions irrespective of own opinion
- Excellent communicator, listens well and is able to see the other’s point of view
- Accessible, genuinely invested in community, dedicated to congregants
- Works for the sake of Allah
- Champions the needs of the marginalized including women, new Muslims and especially youth
- Builds and maintains unity among community’s exceptional diversity across race, ethnicity, sect, school of thought, immigration status, socio-economic status, gender, and age
Depending on Experience. This is a senior level position. Candidates are requested to apply by sending a resume/CV to the email@example.com
The Muslim American Society of Boston is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
Schedulers Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Imam’s Chief of Staff, the Scheduler will have two core functions: (1) manage Senior Imam’s schedule and emails, and (2) coordinate his weekly Office Hours. Other additional responsibilities may be added to the Scheduler’s responsibilities, provided time and skill level.
This part-time position will average 10-15 hours per week on site.
Specific responsibilities include
- Coordinate the Senior Imam’s schedule in line with the priorities defined by Chief of Staff.
- Answer the phone, reply to all phone messages and emails related to the Senior Imam within 24 hours.
- Coordinate the Senior Imam’s weekly Office Hours and receive all visitors with a welcoming smile, a warm demeanor, and address their needs or direct them to the appropriate person, department or organization.
The Scheduler will ideally have at least 1-2 years of experience as an Assistant. S/he will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
The Scheduler will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree/certification
- Must possess a working knowledge of standard office equipment, including copiers, phone, and fax machines
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Excel, database systems and use of the Internet
- Must possess efficient, caring and discerning telephone skills
- Must be compassionate, caring, and able to work well under pressure
- Must be willing to work away from office hours.
An hourly rate of $10 per hour.