A project of the Muslim American Society of Boston, the mission of the ISBCC is to teach and live Islam in America. Our vision is to build a community of leaders rooted in the Islamic tradition, committed to American ideals, and empowered to serve the common good.
The largest Islamic center of its kind in New England, the ISBCC currently serves over 2,000 people weekly and has a budget of $2.3 million. We are blessed to be located in the heart of Boston, with an Imam of high national prominence (Shaykh Yasir Fahmy) and a staff committed to making the ISBCC the best institution for Boston, for Massachusetts, for New England, and for America.
The Operations Director will play a supporting role to our Executive Director as we collectively build a model community and institution. The Operations Director will report directly to the Executive Director and will ensure ISBCC’s daily operations, systems and processes meet and rise to a level of excellence.
Three Main Areas of Responsibility
- Build and update management systems, operational structures and procedures, and communications infrastructure to increase productivity and to ensure best practices
- Create better facilities, IT, Event Management, CRM, Parking, Gift Shop, Volunteer, etc. systems and policies in consultation with appropriate staff and/or experts
- Build and handle ISBCC’s HR policies and systems in consultation with legal experts
- Empower each staff member/Volunteer Team to manage their own budgets and to hold them accountable in consultation with CFO/Accounting Team
- Manages and Supports Facilities Director, Gift Shop and/or Café Personnel, Marketing Director, Senior Accountant, and Office Manager
- Manages Volunteer Teams in different areas of Operations (e.g. IT Team or HR Team)
- Plan and execute projects/initiatives as they arise in consultation with appropriate staff/experts
- Manages any crisis or issues that arise in the operations of the organization
The Operations Director will have at least three to five years of professional experience in an Operations Role.
The Operations Director will have the following experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability in building strong systems and processes
- Skilled in team-building within a complex and varied organization
- A deep understanding of human resource functions and best practices
- Experience in supervising, developing and managing employees
- Demonstrated success in solving problems within complex systems and with multiple constituencies
- Delivered on projects and managed operations that require a detail-oriented mindset
- Acts and lives as a role model for the community, possesses patience and wisdom
- Holds himself/herself accountable for individual commitments and takes on challenges
- Team player, takes ownership of group decisions irrespective of own opinion
- Excellent communicator, listens well and is able to see the other’s point of view
- Accessible, genuinely invested in community, dedicated to congregants
- Works for the sake of Allah
- Champions the needs of the marginalized including women, new Muslims and especially youth
- Builds and maintains unity among community’s exceptional diversity across race, ethnicity, sect, school of thought, immigration status, socio-economic status, gender, and age
Depending on Experience. This is a senior level position. Candidates are requested to apply by sending a resume/CV to the email@example.com
The Muslim American Society of Boston is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.