A project of the Muslim American Society of Boston, the mission of the ISBCC is to teach and live Islam in America. Our vision is to build a community of leaders rooted in the Islamic tradition, committed to American ideals, and empowered to serve the common good.
The largest Islamic center of its kind in New England, the ISBCC currently serves over 2,000 people weekly and has a budget of $2.3 million. We are blessed to be located in the heart of Boston, with an Imam of high national prominence (Shaykh Yasir Fahmy) and a staff committed to making the ISBCC the best institution for Boston, for Massachusetts, for New England, and for America.
Schedulers Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Imam’s Chief of Staff, the Scheduler will have two core functions: (1) manage Senior Imam’s schedule and emails, and (2) coordinate his weekly Office Hours. Other additional responsibilities may be added to the Scheduler’s responsibilities, provided time and skill level.
This part-time position will average 10-15 hours per week on site.
Specific responsibilities include
- Coordinate the Senior Imam’s schedule in line with the priorities defined by Chief of Staff.
- Answer the phone, reply to all phone messages and emails related to the Senior Imam within 24 hours.
- Coordinate the Senior Imam’s weekly Office Hours and receive all visitors with a welcoming smile, a warm demeanor, and address their needs or direct them to the appropriate person, department or organization.
The Scheduler will ideally have at least 1-2 years of experience as an Assistant. S/he will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
The Scheduler will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree/certification
- Must possess a working knowledge of standard office equipment, including copiers, phone, and fax machines
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Excel, database systems and use of the Internet
- Must possess efficient, caring and discerning telephone skills
- Must be compassionate, caring, and able to work well under pressure
- Must be willing to work away from office hours.
An hourly rate of $10 per hour.